Who we are
Our website address is: www.preempt.ie
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2003 (as may be amended from time to time) (the “Acts“), the data controller is PREEMPT who will also act as data controllers for the purposes set out in this policy.
You can visit this website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Depending on how you use our website, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.sonica.ie
- Information that you provide for the purpose of responding to a job advertisement on our site or any site linked to our site and information that you provide for the purpose of speculatively informing us about your interest in employment opportunities.
- If you contact us via the website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond.
The personal information collected from you may include your name, address, telephone, fax number, or e-mail address. We will not collect this personal information without first asking you for it. We will use the above personal information only to respond to your inquiry or to process your request.
In addition to the above personal information, we may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and information about your general internet usage (for example your visits to our site and the resources you access) by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and allow us to recognize your computer when you next access our website. A cookie is not used to obtain your name or any personally identifiable information and is not shared with anyone other than PREEMPT affiliates and contractors who assist us and are bound to confidentiality. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. For example, they enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests; and
- speed up your searches.
Storage and Use of Data
We may use the Data collected about you in the following ways:
- to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site;
- to respond to your inquiry or to process your request;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Security of Collected Information
We maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Data from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We restrict access to information about you to those PREEMPT workers who need to know the information to respond to your inquiry or request. Workers who misuse personal information are subject to disciplinary action.
We may disclose your Data to the following parties:
- third party service providers we have hired or who have been hired on our behalf, including our shared server service and Google Analytics who we use to gather statistics on portions of our website. These companies – our suppliers – are contractually bound to use Data we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- third parties if necessary in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, as well as to protect and defend the rights of property of PREEMPT, our licensors and/or our other customers.
If at any time after giving us Data you decide that you no longer wish us to hold or use it, or in the case that the Data becomes out of date, you are free to notify us, and we will remove or rectify the Data within a reasonable time and in accordance with legislative requirements. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Access to Information
You have the right to access personal Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Acts. Any access request may be subject to a standard fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal Data we hold about you. Please submit any requests by email to [email protected]
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.